Need an online tutor?

clevercrestacademy.co.uk
Showing posts with label  News. Show all posts
Showing posts with label  News. Show all posts

Boko Haram: JTF Repel Another Attack On Citizens In Yobe

Operatives of the Joint Task Force (JTF) in Yobe state yesterday clashed with suspected members of the Boko Haram sect in Geidam Local Government Area of the state.
Witnesses said the armed gang of the radical Islamic sect clashed with security forces at Tumbulgi village of Geidam Local Government, some 11 kilometres to Geidam town.Geidam is a border town with Niger Republic, and is 180 kilometres north of Damaturu, the state capital.

The military spokesman in Yobe state, Lt. Eli Lazarus in a statement confirmed the incident saying the hoodlums were preparing to attack Geidam town when JTF made with them and repelled the attack.He said the clashed occurred at Tumbulgi village around 3:00 in the evening.

On the casualty on both sides the spokesman says details is still being awaiting as communication in the area has for sometimes now been thwarted following waves of attacks by the hoodlums on telecom masts in the state.“Additional information would be made available to newsmen, as the security task force is on top of the security situation.”While appreciating the level of cooperation between residents and security forces Lt. Eli Lazarus called for a sustained relationship in the quest for lasting peace in the state. 

Kano Blast: Death Toll Rises To 70

The number of casualties from Monday’s bomb blast in a luxurious bus park in Kano state, has risen to 70
Tobias Idika, the President of the Ohaneze Ndi Igbo and a witness to the blast told Channels Television that 70 people have been confirmed dead and residents are still trying to identify their relatives.

According to Mr. Idika, five buses were fully loaded with passengers ready to take off when a golf vehicle suspected to be laden with explosives drove into the park and exploded.According to Mr Idika, many people died instantly while a yet to be known number of the people were admitted in hospitals across the state for various injuries.

Suicide Bombers

The state’s Commissioner of Police, Musa Daura, while addressing a news conference on Tuesday, claimed that only 22 people were so far discovered dead from the blast while 65 others sustained injuries.The Police boss revealed that two suicide bombers drove a blue coloured car into luxurious bus park along New Road in Sabon Gari of the city.He added that investigation is on-going to further ascertain the extent of the casualties.The affected area has been cordoned off and search operation by the Joint Security Forces is on-going.

The Police commission has called on residents to keep calm and continue their normal businesses as the command will continue to protect their lives and property.Meanwhile a police woman Hajiya Maimuna who was attached to Zone One police headquarters in the state was shot dead along farm center within the metropolis this morning.

Courtesy: Channels TV