Need a home tutor?

Call Mr. Fameso on 07062173272

Friday 8 February 2013

Husband sues wife for allegedly renaming his son


A 29-year- old man, Emmanuel Agaku, on Friday urged a Makurdi Magistrates’ Court to dissolve his marriage with Juliet for allegedly renaming his son and constant insults.
Agaku told the court that he did not believe there was still marriage between them.
“I married Juliet in 2009 under the Native Laws and Customs of the Tiv people and the marriage has irretrievably broken down. The marriage is blessed with a son, Mark Agaku.
“My wife left my house two years ago and under the influence of her parents. She has now renamed my son to Msughter Agbaduh, without my consent.
“Based on the new name, my son now does not only have a new name but also shares the same surname with my father- in-law,” he said.
Agaku further explained that the wife’s behaviour prevented him from enjoying peace throughout the marriage.
“Shortly after the marriage, my wife behaved in a way that is not in consonance with her marriage vows and humanity.
“My wife is very troublesome; she insults everybody, including me her husband day-in-day-out.
“Juliet has also resulted into fetish worship and indulges in violent languages to everybody in the compound,’’ Agaku said.
He averred that the wife was currently an undergraduate at the University of Jos, and urged the court to grant him divorce and custody of the son for effective upkeep now that the wife was a student.
In her response, the wife said that she needed time to study the allegations levied against her by the petitioner, saying that she had just been served with the copy of the petition.
She further said that though she still loved her husband, she had no alternative but to answer the allegations against her.
The Magistrate, Felicia Ikyegh, adjourned the case to March 20, for hearing.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Please comments are invited